Many do not realize the signs and symptoms of depression. Often they are thought to be a normal part of aging, but there not! The following are signs and symptoms which may indicate its time to talk to someone:
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Feelings of sadness or grief lasting more than two weeks
- Loss of energy, feeling tired all the time
- Physical symptoms that can’t otherwise be explained (headaches, stomach aches, constipation, etc.)
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt
- Not able to concentrate or think clearly
- Changes in appetite (either eating too much or too little)
- Changes in sleeping patterns (sleeping too much or too little)
Quality of life does not have to stop as you age, there is help! Call 641-743-7202 for more information.
Written By Tarrah Holliday, RN – Senior Life SolutionsThe information provided on the Adair County Health System’s Blog is not a substitute for professional medical advice and care. If you have specific needs, please see a professional health care provider. Any references to products, services, or health care providers on this web site are not a recommendation or endorsement of products, services or providers. Links to other Web sites from this site are provided for convenience and do not constitute or imply endorsement. Effort is taken to insure accurate information, however we cannot guarantee completeness or timeliness.